Horn Madness by Caroline Grant. Some of my favourite pieces, and some sets where I have included horn items. As you can see, horn goes with quite different styles!
Horn loveBoth high-end, high street, and etsy sellers who import their items straight from the East, are doing horn (buffalo, ox, cow) this season. It's a lovely material, warm and light, which presents different colours (blond, brown, black, and anything in between) and is very flexible and light. Sometimes it is also lacquered.
Some names to watchThe Jewellers: Ashley Pittman and Monique Péan are at the top of the price range.
The Designers: Karen London, Monies, Zeffira, Maria Xuan, Nest, Kora, Indochine.
- Mary Joah's Fine Ox Jewelry.
- Que Cao's QueCraft.
- Organicethnic for extraordinary tribal earrings made from salvaged materials.
- Lapinsexy's shop.
- Do not let horn items fall oo knock against hard surfaces.
- After each use, gently wipe with a soft dry cloth and store in a jewelry box.
- Avoid water, excesive humidity.
- Avoid chemicals (perfume and lotions, detergent, chlorine, polish remover or corrosive substances).
- Keep away from flames and high/low temperatures.