What to look for:
- A structured shape with extra padding inside. Your computer is fragile and the information it contains, precious.
- Inside pockets. If not, you will need to add another bag to organize your items, so go instead for a simple sleeve with handles to complement your work bag.
- A basic colour but also a happy one, or a pattern: design-wise, laptop bags have come a long way since the made their first appearance.
What to avoid:
- Weight. Your laptop is already heavy as it is, even if you have one of the lighter ones (I have to admit I'm a weakling).
- Handles/straps that are not padded. They will dig into your hands when held for any amount of time.
Interested in looking professional and ready for a promotion? Follow the label Work essentials.