DOs1. Streamlined shapes like:
- Tailored shirt in black or beige.
- A wrap, topper or trench coat for mid-season (you will need wool or fur lining for winter).
- A clean-lined jacket.
- A dress in simple shapes: shift, sheath, A-line. Your LBD.
- Blouse length tunic top worn over pants.
Karen Millen Lace Sleeve Peplum Top / Uniqlo Wool Cashmere Trench Coat / Hobbs Esme Skirt / Radley Stockton Handbag / Chie Mihara Iona Shoes / Monies Ebony and Leather Necklace / Salvatore Ferragamo Flower Scarf / Rebecca Koven Poppy Flower Ring / Tom Ford Lipstick in Black Orchid/ Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Black Orchid.
2. Materials like cotton, wool, silk or mixes. The fabric must have some weight to it, try crushing it in your hand and see if it keeps its shape. Point d'appliqué (lace shapes applied to a solid fabric) in the same materials is also a good investment.
Phase Eight Guipure Lace Jacket / MSGM Palazzo Trousers / Talula U-turn Tank Top / L.K. Bennett Crocus Leather Tote Handbag / Zara Ankle Strap Sandals / Kate Spade New York Three-strand Necklace / Marni Round-frame Sunglasses / Accessorize Swirl Print Scarf / Yves Saint Laurent Lipstick in Corail Légende / Yves Saint Laurent Nail Lacquer in Corail Divin.
3. Colours like black, beige, navy, gray, shades of brown (your neutrals). Dresses in shades of white are better reserved for brides.
- Polyester and poly-blends. It really (but really) has to be a very good blend for you to choose it. Just check the item does not resemble an old fashioned bathroom curtain in any way.
- No frou-frou: ruffles and lace together, macrame or crochet and lace... You catch my drift.
- Tiered gypsy skirts. Just too much.
- Any unlined garment, either fully unlined or side panels with your flesh as background, except shoulders and arms.
- Slip dresses in candy or nursery colours, or white. Too juvenile.
L.K. Bennett Belitta Fitted Dress / Reiss Bryony Cropped Leather Jacket / Zara Studded Leather Bowling Handbag / Zara Basic Sandals / Dolce & Gabbana Printed Silk Scarf / Égotique Earrings / Yves Saint Laurent Lipstick in Rouge Vernis / Tom Ford Nail Lacquer in Scarlet Chinois.
|Lace Essentials: Button-down Shirt by Caroline Grant. Menswear is comfortable and utilitarian, but it can also be stylish and fashion-conscious. A mixture of prints and textures complement a basic pair of beige trousers. I love Susan Pierle's jewellery, it shows superior craftmanship and a great sense of style that mixes vintage with world ethnic styles. And she accepts comissions! [Style: Quirky Menswear].|
Burberry Lace Shirt / DSquared2 Flared Trousers / Salvatore Ferragamo Hazelnut Quilted Jacket / Marc O'Polo Golfer Style Shoes / Dooney & Bourke Mini Satchel Handbag / Helene Berman Dogtooth Hat / Susan Pierle Beaded Brooch / Odeeh Tuch Magic Rider Scarf / Revlon Lipstick in Nude Attitude / Revlon Nail Lacquer in Sheer Nude.MORE?