- DO choose a non artificial material that is fluid, and not clingy or rigid.
- DO go for a solid, neutral colour. Black is a safe bet provided the material doesn't look inexpensive, but other solids are great too.
- DO choose a very small pattern, like a small polka dot. Big and loud patterns will give you big wow factor, but think how likely you will be to wear next season.
- DO dress it up, either choosing a jumpsuit with embellishments for a special occasion
- Do pair it with a jacket.
|Dinner Futurism by Caroline Grant. A well-cut jumpsuit with clean lines but some detailing in solid red. The blazer incorporates the mauve pink of the shoes and the purse. From left to right and top to bottom, Futurist art: Ekster, Costume Designs; Severini, Danseuse Bleue; Marinetti, Euro-synergie, Boccioni, sculpture Forme uniche della continuità nello spazio.|
Hobbs Unlimited Iris Boyfriend Jacket / Valentino Strapless jumpsuit /Sacha London Pink Suede Flats / Kate Spade Sorbonne Square Evangeline SOLD OUT Other handbags by Kate Spade / Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté.
|Summer wedding by Caroline Grant. Exactly the opposite of understated, but perfect for special occasions. Rich silk, exuberant pattern and beautiful colours. From left to right and top to bottom, Futurist art: Carrà, Funeral of the Anarchist Galli; Boccioni, The City Rises; Bertelli, Continuous Profile (Head of Mussolini).|
Salvatore Ferragamo Romper jumpsuit / Kate Spade Marlena Sandals in Cobalt blue SOLD OUT Other colours / La Regale Satin clutch / Amrita Singh Nello Post Earrings / Eric Raisina Silk Organza Plumes Stole / Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupté.
|Sunday brunch by Caroline Grant. A subtle polka dot in pearl gray contrasts with neon yellow in the accessories. From left to right: Tamara de Lempicka, Sharing Secrets, and Primtemps.|
J.Crew Printed Silk Jumpsuit / Daytrip Cardigan / L.K.Bennett Crocus tote bag SOLD OUT Other L.K. Bennett handbags / Sofft Gisella Sandal in Black / BCBG Max Azria Bead-seed necklace SOLD OUT Other BCBG jewellery / V&A Peacock brooch / Laurafallulah Daisy earrings / Gucci Sunglasses / Giorgio Armani Orange Mutation Lipstick
- DON'T wear a second skin if you don't want to look like Catwoman.
- DON'T wear pinstriped jumpsuits, you will look like an extra from a 70's rock film.
- DON'T do neon colours. H&M may think they got it right, but they haven't.
- DON'T wear clingy, saggy materials that will show every detail of your underwear.
- DON'T overdo accessories if your jumpsuit is embellished already. A pair of earrings, or a cuff bracelet, or a statement ring, but not the three items at the same time.
More on jumpsuits?
- How to wear jumpsuits: Styling tips for different Body Types.
- Jumpsuits are versatile: Day to night.