- Classic: any combination of black, white (off white, pale ivory), and gray.
- Any combination that includes rich jewel tones, vegetable or mineral colours to make for rich, unexpected combinations.
- Hand painted (or that look like it) abstract florals, art inspired and/or in unexpected colours.
Lindex Cigarette Pants / American Vintage Tank Top / Hobbs Hinton Jacket / L'Wren Scott Sunflower Sequined Classic Cardigan / J.Crew Cece Ballet Shoes / Sophie Hulme Double plate Tote Handbag / Tilo Ruffle Scarf / Tom Ford Lipstick and Nail Lacquer in Black Orchid.
- Unless you are in your teens, anything quaint or sweet (girly or in pastel colours), or that would look good on a child's garment.
- Unless you want to look aged, no garden literal prints in realistic colours like Laura Ashley's or "Litlle House on the Prairie".
- Tropical island prints outside that setting, and then only (if you insist) for a very casual occasion.
|Work and then Cinema Date, by Caroline Grant.|
BlueJuice Palazzo Pants / American Vintage Cotton Tank Top / Hobbs Edale Jacket / Dolce&Gabbana Handbag / Radley Regent Handbag / J. Crew Viv Flat Shoes / Rossana Fani Bronze Bead Necklace / Alexis Bittar Secret Garden Floral Brooch / Matthew Williamson Scarf / Sisley Lipstick in Mandarine.