DefinitionBody type As have shoulders and torso that are narrower than her hips.
- A small to medium frame (slim torso and narrow rib cage), and small to medium bust.
- Narrow or sloped shoulders.
- A small waist.
- Fuller lower hips and bottom.
- Full legs.
When Body type As put on weight, it usually starts on their hips and thighs, and it is usually the last place where they lose it.
What's the ideal we will try to create?
To subtly widen the appearance of her upper body to balance it with her lower body.
How to achieve it?Bottoms:
- Solid colours or subtle patterns that flatter her silhouette (the size will depend of her height and weight).
- Creating a straight line or an A-line.
- Made of fabrics that are fluid, not stiff.
- Details that make them visually interesting.
- Creating the widest posible line for her shoulders, either through cut or pattern.
I am using in my blog Kendall Farr's Body Types A, B, C, D, E, F. She's a genius.
Other names for Body type As are: inverted triangle, pear shape, or A shape. I don't approve of these names, sorry: no one is a fruit or a thing.